The purpose and objective of WACO is:
- To perpetuate and develop the Association as an entity for the operation of the elective County Officers of the State of Wyoming in the practical study of County affairs and endeavors.
- To promote the general welfare of the Counties of the State of Wyoming and of the County Officers thereof, by holding an annual meeting together with conferences, and to gather and disseminate information on any problems, concerns or issues.
- To gather and circulate information and experiences on the most improved methods of administration of all branches of County Government.
- To secure the enactment of legislation, beneficial to Counties and County Officers, and to prevent the enactment of unfavorable legislation.
- To urge affiliation of all County Officers with the National Association of Counties (NACo) and support and fund a seat or seats on the NACo Board of Directors as approved by the WACO Board of Directors.